Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A wee dram

THis happens less than once a year, but today I left work feeling that way and what made it worse was that there was a drinking party leaving work at the same time I did. UNfortunately I had a committment to another group of people tonight so I dutifully left to comply with my first committment.

When what should happen but several of the folks arrive at that meeting (including my beloved) suggesting they all "needed a drink". So despite being totally out of character for this group, I pulled out a bottle of tawny port that had been long opened and an unopened bottle of single malt. I was glad that everyone seemed happy to join in having a drink but was even happier that no one showed signs of needing more than the one. I had not stopped to think that one of my friends might be a recovering alcoholic, although since we've gotten close over the last two years or so, there's been no indication of that.

Anyway - I had another wee dram after they left and it tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment